[En-Nut-Discussion] Port to other Cortex M3 processors?

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Nov 24 17:55:28 CET 2010

Hi!

Michael Fischer started LM3 port in the same way I do it for STM32. You find some CPU specifics in the devnut_m3n branch at /nut/arch/cm3/dev/lm3

I am pretty sure that there must be something like the stm32f10x.h for lm3 too. But I don't have any devkit nor any details about these TI chips.

And yes, I am still busy in that branch. But as I have to finish a project, already based on STM32+Nut/OS, and fix some bugs in at91_emac handling, I got delayed.
For the port of the CortexM3 in the branch only some few things are missing:
EMAC
SPI
USB

If these are done, the branch will be merged to the trunk. I am pretty sure it will not make it into 4.9.10 but there is a good chance to make it into 4.9.11 or may be a 4.10.0.0 if Harald agrees. Introducing a new architecture is not a minor release upgrade.

The branch iteself is not limited to STM32, it is limited to CortexM3. That's why we introduced another directory level. It separates the different Chips better and provides better readability in the code and nutconf. So you can still have incomplete and not compiling code in lm3 subtree but it doesn't interrupt compiling STM32.

Best Regards
Ulrich