[En-Nut-Discussion] Example using UFLASH filesystem

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Sun Oct 31 10:30:37 CET 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:18:15AM +0200, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just saw ulrich reposted my example for UFLASHFS registering. If you
> need some more help, just let me know.

While reading the source I've noticed that vol->vol_ifc->sf_rsvbot
is added at several places.
Given the variablenames I would assume vol->vol_ifc->sf_rsvtop should
be used instead.

What is the purspose of UFLASH_MAX_BLOCKS?
I see that it is used to limit the device, but beside of switching
some varibale sizes and limiting the device I don't see any usecase.
For example the source has a default of 8192, which will make some
variables 16 bit instead of 8 or 32 bit, but why limit to 8192, when
65535 would have the same effect?

UFLASH_BLOCK_UNITS 4 means that on a 264Bytes/Block device a block
will be 1056 Bytes and on a 1056 device it will be 4224 Bytes.
What is the sense of using a fixed factor?
What is the minimum/advised blocksize and number of blocks?
E.g. can a 24LC16 (driver surgery assumed) with IIRC 128x 16Byte Blocks
be used?

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de