[En-Nut-Discussion] Tons of trailing spaces in our source code

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 15:19:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

    I also use Visual Studio as source code editor, like Harald. As
far as I'm concerned, I don't see any problems with the whitespaces at
line endings at all. They don't cause me conflicts, they are
completely invisible in the source editor and I usually run svn diff
from tortuise before commiting and revert any spurious changes like
simple trailing spaces differences.

    But I don't agree much with the tab -> space. Using tabs has the
advantage that you can setup your source code editor to display it
with the indentation that you prefer. Even on vi, you can just set
ts=4 or whatever value you like.

    Automatic source identation tools usually mess up with the
switch() clauses, so if we use it, we better review the results
carefully. Just my 2 cents.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa