[En-Nut-Discussion] Tons of trailing spaces in our source code

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sun Oct 17 16:21:29 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am 17.10.2010 16:07, schrieb Thiago A. Corrêa:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Ulrich Prinz<uprinz2 at netscape.net>  wrote:
>
> Why should Notepad++ or SourceInsight care about trailling
> whitespaces? Just out of curiosity really.

Notepad++ doesn't care and SourceInsight can take care, if you switch it
on. VisualStudio can care with the plugin. But often whitespace will
cause that more than only one line is marked as diff if you edit some
lines before and after. You just set the cursor to the end and press
enter to add some code right after. Now you have both lines marked as
changed but you only added a line below.

> Exactly. Except that most tools I've used in the past can't make that
> distinction, and sometimes I really want my cases to be 1 line :)
> Not sure if there is such a case in Nut/OS code, but still there could be.

That's why I use SourceInsight and not anything else. I use it even
under Linux with wine. There is nothing that can reach this editor, no
VisualStudio and no Eclipse. Especially if you have to work in code that
is not written from you, it is perfect for reverse engineering.
No I don't get any promotion money from SourceInsight :)

Best regards
Ulrich