[En-Nut-Discussion] Added AVR32 changes to the trunk

Michael Fischer fischermi at t-online.de
Thu Sep 2 22:16:40 CEST 2010

Hello List,

I have now added my AVR32 changes like:

- Rework of existing files, here I have corrected the file header if needed.
- Added functionality for the missing eval boards, now the following boards
   will be supported: EVK1100, EVK1101, EVK1104 and EVK1105.
- Added functionality to the led_key example, now the example is running on
   the AVR32 boards too.
- In case of the configuration, the Architecture/AVR32 was changed a little,
   here some parts from the AVR32-GCC Startup section was moved in a new one
   like the Power Manager.
- The Power Manager was expanded that the user can now control all the needed
   register. Even the NutIinit function was changed.
- Makevars.avr32-gcc, here the architecture information -march was removed
   will be handled automatically by the compiler.
- Makeburn.avr32-jtagicemkii, here the fixed flash size of 512KB was removed.
- NUTMEM_SIZE and NUTMEM_START is not needed anymore. The values will be used
   now from the linker scripts like suggested from Ole here:
   http://lists.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2010-August/012127.html

In case of the GPIO, here was a little problem. It was assumed that
NUTGPIO_PORTA will be started by 0 and so on. But in reality it was 1.
Therefore I added a "multiplexer" in the original gpio.c function from
and renamed it to gpio_nutos.c. At the same time the original gpio.c from
the Atmel SoftwareFramework was added. But only a few function will be used
here. All the AVR32 devices which was using the Gpio function before use
now the gpio_ function from the gpio.c. All the application can now use
the NutOS Gpio function again. The "multiplexer" is get_avr32_bank and
can be found in gpio_nutos.c.

Yes I know, the original Atmel SoftwareFramework is not optimal in case
of performance. But we have a starting point.

Btw, I have replaced the old SoftwareFramework files by the new one from
version 1.7.0.

Does anyone see problems with the 4th clause:

  * 4. This software may only be redistributed and used in connection
  * with an Atmel AVR product.

Hopefully nothing from the other parts was corrupted,

Best regards,

Michael