[En-Nut-Discussion] ethernut board 3.1 and xsvfexec

Paul Govers p.govers at triple-it.nl
Wed Sep 29 23:38:28 CEST 2010

Harald had let me know the following facts

"
There is a significant difference in the CPLD compared to Ethernut 3.1 Rev-D and version 3.0
boards, the additional Dataflash chip. The original code had been done by Niels (my son),
but it doesn't work with the latest Xilinx tools. Michael Fischer helped
out to create the CPLD for Ethernut 3.1, but he prefers VHDL.
http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut3/compatible_30_31.html

The XSVF Executor you are using is a bit old too. Though, by verifying
it with the current version I can't find relevant differences. Except a
few timing changes, but nothing really important as it looks to me.
"

Then i tried the application npl-vhdl4-31(execute a CPLD programming file) that was included in ethernut31d-support.zip and that resulted in a good response! (199 OK)

the second step for me is to set pin CDR0 to high
i tried this with the following code but without success
#define EXP_BASE 0x22000000
outr(EXP_BASE, 0x01);
probably the code is wrong :-) i think that i will found the awnser in the manual of the XC95144XL, my goal is to communicate with CDR0 with a 1-wire sensor(DS1820), nice hobby project!

thanks for all the response on my Question!
case closed...

Greetings Paul