[En-Nut-Discussion] TWI and Lua problem

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sun Apr 10 13:33:26 CEST 2011

Good point from Bernd.

Please check the Errata Sheet of the AT91SAM7S, may be there is
something inside about the I2C bus. At the time why Harald an I rewrote
the driver completely, we didn't respect any newer CPUs but only the
supported ones. At that time only SAM7X was supported by Nut/OS officially.

While on most non NXP devices I2C master is more or less (more less) set
up in a usable way, slave support is mostly worse. And this slave
support is often then interfering and interrupting an obviously good
running master support. But I gave up, they'll never learn to read the
I2C guide, even it is so easy...

I don't have any SAM7S CPU at hand but if you don't find any related
things in the Errata, give me a ping, I'll grab the specs myself and
check our driver for possible problems when used with SAM7S.

Ulrich