[En-Nut-Discussion] Status of Point-To-Point protocol over RS-232

Nathan Moore nategoose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:34:48 CEST 2011

> Just for the records:
>
> > +    case HDLC_SETTXACCM:
> > +        dcb->dcb_tx_accm = (*lvp)
> > +        break;
>
> Oops! Missing something? :-)

Sorry about that.  I had to go through the 4.4.0 code I had and update
a newer version with these changes,
and I guess I missed that, and since I don't have the development
environment set up anymore I didn't compile
it.

> > -    dcb->dcb_rx_buf = NutHeapAlloc(256);
> > -    dcb->dcb_tx_buf = NutHeapAlloc(256);
> > +    dcb->dcb_rx_buf = NutHeapAlloc(256 * 2);
> > +    dcb->dcb_tx_buf = dcb->dcb_rx_buf + 256;
>
> Won't work because of volatile specifier for rx_buf. Not sure, if this
> specifier makes sense at all, but I do not have the time right now to
> verify this.

I can't imagine it would change anything.  Another thought that I had
about this was just to include both buffers
as arrays within the DCB.  For just about every use case I can think
of if you allocate the DCB you'll be
allocating these buffers.

I hope that someone using PPP on AVRs can test this, and that someone
else can port it to the other AHDLC
implementation(s).

Nathan