[En-Nut-Discussion] Can't correctly build NutOS 4.8.9 on Fedora 14 for Ethernut 2.1b

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Apr 19 18:50:08 CEST 2011

Hi Bernard,

On 4/19/2011 12:27 PM, Bernard Fouché wrote:
> I found the problem in nut/Makerules.avr-gcc. Instead of having:
>
> %o: %c
>       $(CC)  ...etc..
>
> one needs:
>
> %.o: %.c
>       $(CC) ...etc...
>
> (a dot after each '%')

I applied this to all Makerules. It had been done in some Makerules.X,
probably because the problem appeared while using different versions of
make.

> Other possibilities:

I preferred the first solution, as it had been done in parts already.
The fix will be available in 4.8.10. Not sure, when this will become
available. There are a few more things waiting.

Last not least a big thank you for spending the time to figure this out
and providing this valuable and detailed explanation.