[En-Nut-Discussion] Failed HTTP request

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Apr 20 21:15:50 CEST 2011

Hi!

I didn't have all code in my brain, so excuse if I am wrong, but...

You get the text through TCP, so the text is in the TCP buffer. Is there
a chance to just pass the pointer to the beginning of the text to the
function decoding it instead of copying it over?

I know, it's not that easy as I state it above, as there might more
packets coming in and the TCP buffer is required to receive them. But if
you could spare the text buffer you may add another TCP buffer and can
keep one of them marked busy for a longer time than the others.

The idea is stolen from the ARM/Cortex TCP system, where you simply mark
which buffer is used by whom and buffers not marked free are not filled
by the EMAC.

Ah, didn't we have a getline() in EIR? Boah, I need to get back to that
stuff, I miss it!

Ulrich