[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: LEDs of Demo Kits

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Thu Apr 21 00:09:14 CEST 2011

Hi!

I found out that a lot of demos where deactivated in the Makefile cause
they do not compile on any kind of board.

Some of the demos depend on some hardware, like led_key needs some LEDs
and push buttons and ioexpander needs some kind of ioexpander on the I2C
bus.

We only define super-minimum hardware of our supported boards and so
some demos have a difficult life.

How about adding some minimal I/O to the board definitions?

At least some LEDs and push buttons should be defined for general usage.

Another problem is the eeprom demo I wrote. The intention was not to
simply write something into the EEPROM and read it back. It is more or
less a stress test:

1) write different things at different offsets to check if page access
is working.

2) stress write and read to check if ACK-polling is working.

3) simulate high traffic on the bus by accessing EEPROM an an ioexpander
on the same bus.

I assume that the best is to make 3) somehow board specific as only few
boards provide an ioexpander or any other kind of I2C device.

Any comments on that?

Ulrich