[En-Nut-Discussion] Failed HTTP request

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Apr 21 11:25:10 CEST 2011

Hi Nathan,

On 4/20/2011 7:36 PM, Nathan Moore wrote:
> Another thought is if you can use realloc to resize the buffer if you
> don't have a full
> line in it -- implementing a getline function, if you don't already have one.

At least there is none in nut/crt, but if no one else is faster, I'll
add it, together with getdelim().

Although useful, they may not fit well here. What if a malformed request
sends thousands of bytes? getline() will not stop until all memory is
consumed.

One idea is to start with fgetc(). If it turns out after a few
characters, that our server is not interested in this specific header,
I'd like to discard the entire line, calling a new function fskipl() and
avoiding this senseless buffer transfer.

For targets with enough memory, we may optionally include "unexpected
headers" in an extended REQUEST structure.