[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: LEDs of Demo Kits

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Apr 22 13:57:28 CEST 2011

Hi Ulrich,

On 4/22/2011 12:31 AM, Ulrich Prinz wrote:
> So I stumbled accross some of the compile breaking points and fixed the
> issues for this platform. Well, fixed it but not tested every example.

Any specific reason why 'make clean' had been disabled for app/hhopen?

>> I'm considering breaking down httpd into several reduced samples, each
>> of which demonstrates a single aspect.
>
> It is not a failure to provide one single 'all I can eat' demo to show
> how powerful a system can be even running on a small CPU. But for
> training it is better to provide it in pieces.

Yes, I agree that some full fledged demos will make sense as well.

> Yes and no.  There is no fault to provide target specific demos right in
> the installation. May be we should split the things a bit and only
> install demos from the nut/app to the nutapp_xxx_yyy if the platform
> matches?

As long as such demos are clearly marked as target board specific, I
have no objections.

> You know me, I fix it and enable it without hesitation. But with your
> support I'll be sure we will get it working.

I'll run a test on your updates soon and let you know the result. Thanks
for the prompt action, anyway.

> Again, why not adding a feature to (q)nutconf and a app.nut to just copy
> over those apps that are confirmed to work with the selected platform?
> And a basic set that shows how to use LED, key, usart, ethernet?

Could be done. Although, the Configurator's function to create an
application sample tree is a temporary solution. One of those long
living temporary solutions, I agree. There are old plans to provide an
application wizard instead.