[En-Nut-Discussion] Next release 4.10?

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Apr 27 13:24:58 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The current trunk seems to compile and link for all supported targets.
There are 3 minor problems left and  I haven't fully checked, if all
patches _flowing_ _around_ had been applied.

The minor problems are:

1. The Sony IR receiver interrupt is not configurable, letting nutpiper
sample fail to compile for the Arthernet board.

2. Linking without libc (using the internal lib provided by Nut/OS)
fails to link with the latest YAGARTO.

3. Building the installer for Windows fails.

While #3 requires some effort, #1 and #2 are rarely used.

Any objections to release a new version? I'd suggest to use 4.10 instead
of 5.0, because we have really big changes and extensions waiting in the
branches to make up a next version which deserves to change the major
version number. Ulrich's support for the Cortex is probably the most
notable.

As soon as a 4.10 branch has been created, we may _carefully_ move the
currently active branches to the trunk.