[En-Nut-Discussion] Configuration of IP adress and reboot

Wiegelmann, Jörg Joerg.Wiegelmann at ces-tronics.de
Fri Aug 19 12:01:06 CEST 2011

Dear folks,

if I would like to change the ip-adress to a new ip-adress (fixed ip address) with the Discovery tool. It works and  the ip-adress is changed. But if I trie to make a new ip-connection the old address is used.

Since now I modify the function NutDiscoveryCallback to make a reboot. After the reboot all is working fine. The function and the discovery_callback variable are both static, see below. The disadvantage is that we had to modify the NutOS with every update. My feeling is that there are people out there who are much more intelligent than me. They know a way how to manage the problem correct without a modification of NutOs.

Best regards Jörg

The functions are both static in discover.c:

static int NutDiscoveryHandler(uint32_t ip, uint16_t port, DISCOVERY_TELE * dist, int len);
static NutDiscoveryCallback discovery_callback = NutDiscoveryHandler;