[En-Nut-Discussion] DHCP

Michael Hellwig farwest at gmx.de
Mon Dec 5 20:42:02 CET 2011

Harald Kipp schrieb:
[..]
> This is not really required. Instead, you can override the option values from the server, e.g.
>
> /* Renewal time. */
> else if (*op == DHCPOPT_RENEWALTIME) {
>     cfgp->dyn_renewalTime = ntohl(lval);
>     cfgp->dyn_renewalTime = 60;
> }
> /* Rebinding time. */
> else if (*op == DHCPOPT_REBINDTIME) {
>     cfgp->dyn_rebindTime = ntohl(lval);
>     cfgp->dyn_rebindTime = 120;
> }
> /* Total lease time granted. */
> else if (*op == DHCPOPT_LEASETIME) {
>     cfgp->dyn_leaseTime = ntohl(lval);
>     cfgp->dyn_leaseTime = 180;
> }
>
> Regards,
>
> Harald

Hello Harald,

thanks for the hints and for looking at the problem.
Of course debugging would be much easier by just override the
timevalues. That way I could go on testing in situ... and yes, it's a
client-side thing.

But my webdemo testclient survived the weekend and gets renewals as
expected. So the problem seems to be solved for me now. All I did was to
apply the suggested patch form Iskander Verkroost:
> http://lists.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2009-March/010484.html
which prevents the dhcp-thread from going nuts ;-).

Many thanks for the patch Iskander!

Regards,

Michael