[En-Nut-Discussion] Missing TWI Functions TwMasterRegRead and TwMasterRegWrite in NutOs 4.8.9

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 19:07:39 CET 2011

Hi!

I wrote these additional driver entries as most time of life you have to
read and write from addressable devices. As the AT91 handles addresses
in devices automatically without generating additional interrupts, I
implemented these.

Example EEPROM:
Instead of having to assemble address + data to write into a
helper-buffer or calling twmastertransact multiple times with addresses
and data, you simply call twregread and twrewrite with the address and
the buffer. That's all.

Makes buffer management obsolete, saves some interrupts, makes life easier.

I had an application that uses I2C a lot for multiple different chips
like EEPROM, I2C-USART bridge and I2C-Port expanders, so it was very
handy for me as all of them need addresses first before writing/reading
data.

If the headers got lost, I am pretty sure I submitted them. And yes,
that feature is only available for AT91 for now. AVR doesn't support it
and for STM32 I actually don't remember, I think I emulated it.

Best regards
Ulrich