[En-Nut-Discussion] Lost caracter with At91 UART0

Remi Bilodeau remi.bilodeau at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 02:01:23 CET 2011

 I found my problem...

Nut/OS seem to not use nested interrupt...

I have a SSC IRQ, IRQ handler is trigged by DMA transfer complete and I do
some heavy DSP on a big audio data block, I remain in IRQ several
millisecond to decode it, enough to lost some caracter into serial port.

Why Nut/OS not use nesting interrupt ??? In this case, priority setting of
IRQ is totally useless, except if IRQ arrive exactly at same time.

I need to have lowest priority IRQ for my Audio block decoding (in IRQ) I
have try before put it in IRQ to do some audio block decoding in a thread,
but the quantity of data needed to be treated is too big and take too much
memory to wait to catch the CPU even for highest priority tread.

Any idea about this and nested IRQ ??