[En-Nut-Discussion] devnut_m3n and possibly others: Locating the Linker script

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Dec 18 13:44:49 CET 2011

    Ulrich> Hi Uwe, I cannot follow...

    Ulrich> Here it works without a problem, so I simply set up a new
    Ulrich> project on STM32F100RBT6 and compiled nut/os then uart
    Ulrich> application. No problem.

    Ulrich> Then I saw that you wrote 'outside the branch' and I don't know
    Ulrich> what you mean. But I checked Makevars.cm3-gcc and found

E.g. "stm32_can_app" is the application tree.
By "out of the branch", I meant e.g.
../ethernut/branches/stm32_can_app
versus "in the branch"
../ethernut/branches/devnut_m3n/stm32_can_app

    Ulrich> ARCH = cm3 TRGT = arm-none-eabi- MCFLAGS = -mcpu=$(MCU) -mthumb
    Ulrich> -mlittle-endian -D__CORTEX__

    Ulrich> // CXXFLAGS_OPT = -Os -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks
    Ulrich> -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti LDFLAGS = $(MCFLAGS) -g -nostartfiles
    Ulrich> -T$(LDSCRIPT) -Wl,-Map=$(PROJ).map,--cref,--no-warn-mismatch
    Ulrich> -L$(LIBDIR)

    Ulrich> where you can see in the last line that -T$(LDSCRIPT).

    Ulrich> That one should be build by the .nut files through
    Ulrich> qnutconf. There is no filename separation from file-path in the
    Ulrich> lua functions. And it is more or less a copy from existing
    Ulrich> Makefiles...

I use the command line tool "nutconf" most of the time, as this fits better
in a "make" environment than a gui tool.

    Ulrich> Have you any suggestion how to solve that? And did you compile
    Ulrich> in linux or windows?

Fix lua or work around that defienency? Will try to have a look.

I primary work on Linux. However I try to keep WIN interoperation in mind.

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de