[En-Nut-Discussion] Initialising structs

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Fri Feb 4 01:05:02 CET 2011

Hi Bernd!

I know at least two additional entries in the struct that are missing:
if_phy_ioctl
No way around that as the EMAC needs direct access to control and status
of phy.

I personally would appreciate the C99 extensions. They allow more
comfortable debugging and create some better readability of those
enormous structs like the device registrations need.

And we should not keep support for compiler versions older than 2 years
if there is a newer one available for all supported architectures.

It will only cause problems if there is an architecture in Nut/OS that
is no longer supported by a new compiler. But then it might be time to
freeze this version in the archive and phase out the architecture.

Best regards
Ulrich