[En-Nut-Discussion] How to read from DEV_DEBUG (uart) on AT91SAM7x?

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Feb 23 00:26:14 CET 2011

Am 22.02.2011 08:56, schrieb Morten Kvistgaard:
> I've completely forgotten to thank you for the fix.
>
> The code below works like a charm.

Never mind, but thank you.

> It seems to be using a bit more of the processor than the real uart. (Fair enough.)

The DBGU is a real UART that lacks of certain features (RTS/CTS control,
only 8-bit / 1stop bit) but the bits and registers are exactly layouted
like the ones of the real USARTs. The bits that belong to special
features are simply inactive at DBGU.
So I just adopted the standard driver and ripped all extra code for all
those special modes and use cases.

Best regards
Ulrich