[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS and GSoC

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 02:30:10 CET 2011

Hi Harald,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What to you think about applying as a mentoring organization for the
> Google Summer of Code 2011?

Looks like a good way to get more people involved, which would be great.

>  http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2011
>
> I'd suggest, that our project should provide not less than 4-5 mentors.
> Anybody else interested?

I couldn't find exactly what mentors are required to do, but perhaps I
can volunteer.
We need to figure out a list of ideas for students.

> Some time ago we loosely talked about establishing a legally
> incorporated organization for Nut/OS. Although not required for applying
> as a mentoring organization, may be it is a good time to think about
> this idea again.

What would that enable us? I'm not sure what are the advantages or down sides.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa