[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP/IP problems with httpd

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Jan 12 00:27:50 CET 2011

Hi!

So here are the plain facts:

I checked with EIR (DM9000) and cannot break it down with adaptive ping.
It alway boots up and receives audio, http interface is working.

If I connect my SAM7X with httpd example and start it up, it works.

If I then start an adaptive ping it crashes after around 20k of pings.

If I let the ping run and reset the board, DHCP fails as the OS crashes
somewhere inside.

If I connect SAM7X at company site (lots of multicast/broadcast in the
network, don't know what the IT guys do) SAM7X never gets a single DHCP
request through. Regardless if I cleaned network config or not.
Sometimes it crashes sometimes it insists on keeping it's demo-IP or the
old one it had before but never responses to any http request.

Tomorrow I try to connect the IER into the company network and we see
what happens.

EIR is running Nut/OS 4.9.9.0 SVN release I don't know but I can find
out. SAM7X is running some of the latest 4.9.9.0 trunk versions, I think
it includes the discussed ntohs change.

Best regards
Ulrich