[En-Nut-Discussion] How to read from DEV_DEBUG (uart) on AT91SAM7x?

Morten Kvistgaard MK at pch-engineering.dk
Mon Jan 31 17:20:23 CET 2011

Hello there,

I'm all new to Nut/OS and so far I'm rather impressed.

I would like to read from my debug uart however. (dbgu) I can't seem to make it work.

If I use:
NutRegisterDevice(&DEV_DEBUG, 0, 0);
freopen(DEV_DEBUG_NAME, "w", stdout);
freopen(DEV_DEBUG_NAME, "r", stdin);
I can write, but not read. (It will crash on read.) Fair enough.

The following works fine:
NutRegisterDevice(&DEV_UART0, 0, 0);
But that's not the uart I want ;)

The DEV_UART1 doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there an easy way to enable 'read access' on the DEV_DEBUG uart?

PS. I'm using a Netduino Plus board with a AT91SAM7x512. I'm using both the stable Nut/OS 4.8.8 and the beta 4.9. (Whatever that works.) I'm using the YAGARTO4.4 compiler.

Regards,
Morten Kvistgaard