[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS 4.10 branch created, please merge trunk with dev-branches

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Fri Jul 8 00:21:58 CEST 2011

Hi!

Am 29.06.2011 14:25, schrieb Harald Kipp:
> Hi all,
>
> in order not to let the current branches drifting away to far, I just
> created a new branch for the next stable release 4.10. Maintenance on
> the stable release will continue in this branch.
>
> The trunk had been changed to version 4.99 and will become 5.0 when
> branched for the stable release.

I'll invest some time from weekend onwards after I built up my new serve
and workstation. I really appreciate it to move the branches to the
trunk, even it will be a big work.

But it was annoying in the last month to always keep the branch updated
with the trunk. And then you guys fired one fix after the other...

> Major enhancements I'm expecting for 5.0:
>
> - IPv6
> - USB stack
> - More targets, specifically Cortex-M3
> - Less spectacular things like generic PHY support, multiple network
> interfaces, target specific samples etc.

And then there is the new STM32F20x waiting for integration...

> A big thank you from all of us to all of you for your ongoing support.
>
> I'm sure, that the current project admins will agree, to grant Ulrich
> Prinz' admin status.

Thanks for the 'upgrade' :)

Best regards
Ulrich