[En-Nut-Discussion] Off-topic - Building Nut/OS fast...very fast

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Jul 20 00:38:24 CEST 2011

YEP, STOP!

I got that too while compiling on windows!

Try the following:
Install a minimal cygwin and add all the gcc,binutils,make... tools
needed for your development.

Then add the path of make and the other tools like rm, cp... to your
windows PATH right at the beginning. It is only one path like
C:\cygwin\bin or similar.

Remove all extra PATH entries from nutconf->settings.
Then do a "make clean all install" and wonder how fast everything could be.

For this reason we installed the combination of yagarto/cygwin instead
of yagarto/yagarto-tools on all dev-PCs in the company.

I tried MingW, WinAVR-Tools and other make/rm/cp emulators/crosstools
too but none of them is as fast as cygwin.

Ulrich