[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems with MMC cards on Ethernut 3.0e

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jul 21 10:31:39 CEST 2011

Hi Ole,

On 7/21/2011 10:14 AM, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> So I'm currently using NPL v5

I switched to NPL v6. Same result.

BUT...

Now I tried

http://www.ethernut.de/nutwiki/Reading_PHAT_Directories

instead of httpserv that I used before. And, voila, mounting failed.

Then I added NutThreadYield() immediately before
NutRegisterDevice(&devPhat0, 0, 0), as explained in the chapter
"Pitfalls"...and it works again.

I remember, that we talked about this some time ago and it didn't make
sense to you. I later discovered, that interrupts are not enabled on
Ethernut 3 before entering main(). Probably I was busy with other stuff
and forgot about it.

I haven't looked into the details yet, but it's definitely a bug.
Applications should expect interrupts being enabled during system start.