[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 5 - Linux/NutOS Counter

Mirjam Duske hog.duske at me.com
Thu Jun 23 15:53:35 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am new to the ethernut product family.
I have worked a little with ethernut 1.3 before.

I am currently designing a electricity meter with a web server.
I am using ethernut 5 for that.
I just want to know if it is possible to have a counter in Linux checking for impulses on a port.
The data I am getting are pulses from a relay. each pulse is a "1". I want to be able to count these and then calculate the used electricity.
Each pulse means 0.5wh

It would be great if someone could give me a hint or even sample code.
It can be either linux or Nut/OS.

Thanks,
Hog Duske

hog.duske at me.com