[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems with wxWidgets and Qt based Configurators on Windows

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Mar 17 15:03:52 CET 2011

Hi all,

recently Michael Fischer had been able to demonstrate source code
debugging with the latest tools: GCC 4.5.2, Eclipse 3.6.2 with CDT 7.0.2
and Nut/OS 4.9.10.

I intend to create a screencast using Nut/OS 4.8.9-pre, but failed at
the Nut/OS configuration GUI, again. On Windows 7 the scrollbars of the
tree window (wxWidget version) are no longer working. A similar problem
existed on Mac OS X ever since.

I decided to switch to the Qt-based version, which is not yet available
for Nut/OS 4.8 stable. It works on my developer machine (Windows 7
Ultimate 64-bit), but for the screencast I'm using a clean Windows 7
Ultimate 32-bit running as a Virtualbox guest.

This time the Nut/OS build fails. The three make calls (clean, all and
install) appear in the message window too fast and the toolbox button
remains disabled. All other functions seem to work, more or less well.

Beside qnutconf.exe I transfered msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll, QtCore4.dll
and QtGui4.dll to the virgin machine. The executable was build using
MS-VisualC 2010, running qmake and nmake -f Makefile.Release. I also
tried the Debug build.

Anything else that needs to be installed? Anyone experienced a similar
problem?

Of course I want to avoid, installing Qt or MSC on that machine, because
this may silently fix the problem. Remember, that it is running fine my
developer machine. But how to debug without any tools? :-(

Thanks,

Harald

P.S.: As soon as this problem is solved, I will create a new
4.8-release, which fixes compile problems with GCC 4.5.2 for ARM.