[En-Nut-Discussion] XSVF Executor

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Wed Mar 23 16:48:50 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 01:39:22PM +0100, Landsperger, Werner wrote:
> Thanks for your statement Bernd.
>
> Of course it is a problem to configurate FPGA's via XSVF Files (it's
> simply to big) but at the moment it was my first idea. Additional I
> should mention that the second step of my project should be the
> implementation of SPI.
> Sorry but I'm not sure that you know what I mean. But if I remember
> rightly slave serial mode is just the way to transfer the FPGA Image
> into the FPGA and not from my Board to the Flash from an FPGA. Correct
> me if I'm wrong!

Ah - Ok - if you need to update a JTAG flash device and not the FPGA
then you are right that XSVF is the way to go.
I don't know your application, so you might have your reasons to use
a JTAG flash device.
In my appliations it is sufficient if the FPGA waits for the CPU to
initialize the FPGA.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de