[En-Nut-Discussion] tap stream of Request

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Wed May 11 20:42:09 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 09:14:53AM +0200, Landsperger, Werner wrote:
> Hello Bernd,
>

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 09:08:46AM +0200, Landsperger, Werner wrote:
> > Is there any limit of sizes for memory-cards? I've tried to use an 4GB
> > card but with no success.
>
> As far as I know oly plain SD-cards are supported.
> According to specification SD cards are limited to 2G, although a few
> non standard 4G cards exists - however I don't know if they are
> supported.
>
> -> To be honest, I have to admit that I haven't know the difference of
> MMC and SD Cards. So actually I use a 64MB MMC-Card. Im my research I
> found out that a MMC-Card also can have until 8GB but would that be
> supported? You said that SD-Cards are supportet but how can I identify a
> "plain SD-Card"?

There are SD up to 2G - some non conforming cards do up to 4G
There are SDHC up to 32G - usually not smaller than 4G
And there are SDXC cards up to 2T.
SDHC and SDXC cards are declared as such.
Plain SD cards use byte addressing with a signed 32bit address.
There is no technical reason for the address to be signed, but that's
what the standard say and some code does.
4G SD cards expect an unsigned address to be used to addres the upper
half, but software using signed addresses is usually already confused
by the negative media size.
I'm not so sure about MMC cards - it's been a while since I'd worked
with them.

> Now I have a question to you.
> How do you initiate the upload?
> As far as I know with HTML and browsers all you can do is sending a
> "multipart/form-data", which required mime parsing.
>
> ->What exactly do you mean? Actually I send the file via Post and right
> I use multipart/form-data. And right, there is some overhead like the
> boundary which must be filter out. Actually I've wrote a small algorthm
> which pares the header. At the moment it isn't really performant but it
> works. :) I will work out it in a view days. Is your question be
> answered?

Yes - it's answered - I hoped you've found a way without the multipart.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de