[En-Nut-Discussion] Stdlib.h unsetenv declaration error

Gregor Mackenzie kirstymac3 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue May 17 09:54:19 CEST 2011

Good morning all - progress update

Initially, I changed line 177 of stdlib.h from
      void	 _EXFUN(unsetenv,(const int *__string));
       int	 _EXFUN(unsetenv,(const char *__string));

which appeared to have cured the problem by matching the declaration
types

to the function itself in setenv.c. I am unsure of the validity of this
solution so I will put it aside just now.

Following the advice of John Paul Arul and Ole Reinhardt yesterday (Vol
91, issue 15), I downloaded the lastest ethernut (4.8.9) and Yagarto
(gcc 4.6.0), disabled the PSOIX unsetenv (C-runtime (target specific) --
> environment --> posix compatible unsetenv) and attempted to build.

I changed all references of arm-elf- to arm-none-eabi- in the make
files that I could find, as per the instruction on the Yagarto website
and attempted to make the project.

The make all command keeps failing to build the project because of
unused variable warnings in various files. I am in the process of
locating each error, locating the unused variable and any subsequent
occurance in the routine and commenting it out. I do not think that
this is the expected behaviour of the system.

I know that Nut/OS is a good system and designed to work with Yagarto,
therefore think that I am doing something wrong. Could someone point
out my mistake please.

Many thanks

Gregor