[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: "conflicts" statement in configurator scripts

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Fri May 27 20:46:25 CEST 2011

Am 26.05.2011 14:56, schrieb Harald Kipp:
> Hi Ulrich,
>
> On 5/25/2011 9:05 PM, Ulrich Prinz wrote:
>
> Same here. If a board is completely quiet after starting a Nut/OS
> application, in most cases it hangs in the nvmem routines

Yes, so how about my idea to add an option to hardcode the nvmem
settings if selected?

> The other problem is, that nvmem drivers are not always trivial to
> implement (e.g. Atmel's EFC). It is a real burden for new platforms to
> have this provided before Nut/OS will start running the application.

Right, you always have to add something that makes this working before
you can continue to set up the OS for your (new) platform oder
architecture. (I can't count the hardfaults/memfaults I got in early
STM32 development :) )

> Thus, I'm dead set on removing this requirement in the next release.
> Even the network parameters (IP, MAC etc.) may be done in the
> Configurator in an early state.

No, you just have to add the hard-coded option. By the way it could be
used as preset for any other option too if there are values set AND
another memory is enabled.

Ulrich