[En-Nut-Discussion] Timing problems with UART

Klaus Kloos klaus.kloos at gmx.de
Fri Nov 4 09:06:36 CET 2011

Hello

Im on a SAM7ek using Ethernut 4.10.
When I send a block of 513 bytes (DMX) sometimes (every 1-5s) the execution last a little bit longer (ca up to 3 Bytes) , as if additional time is spend somewhere while sending. Most of the time the signal length is very constant.
As long as I understand the UART is driven by hardware and the only problem i can think off is that somewhere the UART is disabled for a short time.
Does anyone have an idea where to search for? For example, is NutEnterCritical() stopping the UART?

Many thanks in advance

Greetings Klaus