[En-Nut-Discussion] USB output for Ethernut needed

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 19 23:08:19 CEST 2011

Hi Uwe,

there is some basic framework patched in to the devnut_m3n. It is a left
over from the initial cortex patch, that I used as a basis for this one.
I never checked if it can work or if it is written in a kind of way that
allows it to stay and so on.

You might check it if you like.
CDCACM is the one I always start with. But I was not clear about how to
make this all a bit comfortable and configurable.

All the basic setup of the device information could be handled via
qnutconf.

After that it might be more elegant to register the devices links and
endpoints instead of writing a closed thing that does everything but can
only be used as it is. The will be more interest for users to use the
single configured but loose endpoints.

Best regards
Ulrich

On 18.10.2011 13:39, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> https://github.com/gsmcmullin/blackmagic
> has some GPL3 cdcacm implementation linking into libopenstm32, but I guess
> these licenses are incompatible with Ethernut, are they?

Yes, there are already different available open source stacks, but all
of them are incompatible with BSD license.

So if you need one for nut/os, you need to port the STMlib, what I have
the agreement from STM for (some license things need to be copied from
them into our file header) or you write your own.

All the working devices I ported, I started with the STM files and then
made them easier, matched the style with our style and took shortcuts,
added some elegance... And after that I removed the STM header additions
as there was no STM code left anymore.

But I didn't check the latest STMlibs for their quality.

Best regards
Ulrich