[En-Nut-Discussion] Mount Error In Sdcard

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Thu Oct 20 17:08:31 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:45:51PM +0200, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Actually i am using at91sam7x512 processor while connecting with sd card
> > mount error is coming. same code is run perfectly with at91sam7x256. Whats
> > the issue whether hw problem or i have to configure for at91sam7x512
>
> In general it's right the same as with the at91sam7x256. The CPUs only
> differ in the size of RAM and Flash.

There are errata differences as well.
Most prominent in that case is that the X512 has the double reset HW-bug
on both SPI while the X256 has not.
I use the X512 in a few projects with SD-card, so generally it works,
but I have some local hacks to use the same SPI-Controler with own
code, which however should be unrelated I think.

> A what stage the mounting fails? Just when registering the MMC devices
> or does the _open() call fail?
>
> Have you FSCHECKed your sd-card?

Did you test the same card on both boards?
Is the only difference between the boards the MCU?
If you use a micro-SH header with a flap loading you might need to
reinsert the card as they sometimes don't connect correctly.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de