[En-Nut-Discussion] branches/devnut_m3n: Status of device support

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Fri Oct 21 09:46:17 CEST 2011

Hi Ulrich,

For Ethernet I prefer to have a bit more RAM. On my AT90CAN128 design
with 32K I ended up always a bit short of RAM which is needed for thread
stack to have TCP connection endpoints.

I have not used an ARM CPU before, so how does the RAM consumption for
stack and general Nut/OS use compare to an AVR? I assume it is more just
because of the 32-bit architecture but what sort of factor would you
apply? I am just after a rough number like 30% or 50% more?

Cheers

Henrik