[En-Nut-Discussion] Which is the latest greatest branch

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 29 00:12:30 CEST 2011

On 28.10.2011 11:06, Harald Kipp wrote:
> On 28.10.2011 10:55, Harald Kipp wrote:
>
> Sorry, this
>
>>  #elif defined(__ARM_ARCH_7M__)
>>  #include <arch/armv7_m/cortex_m3.h>
>
> should have been
>
>  #elif defined(__ARM_ARCH_7M__)
>  #include <arch/armv7_m/arm_7m.h>

Again: No!
What I and all the guys I sent to nutos like is the simplicity of nutos.
Most of the things you search for are where you suspect them to be.
Nut/OS is _not_ linux and not a high price real time heavy cost and
packed with 3000pages manual big box thing.

It's small, it's easy, it's something you can one side learn of how a
operating system works and on the other side design a commercial product
on. After some weeks of digging in deeper and playing around you even
could write your first driver.

So use the names the people know and look for. Use the names that people
know who did not read 1000s of pages of ARM core manuals know from
friends and colleagues.

>  #elif defined(__ARM_ARCH_7M__)
>  #include <arch/armv7_m/arm_7m.h>

This is one for nutinit.c and other deep down below code the old aces
write.

>>  #elif defined(__ARM_ARCH_7M__)
>>  #include <arch/armv7_m/cortex_m3.h>
This is the one everyone understands :)