[En-Nut-Discussion] Does the Nut/OS support PPPoE?

DreamCat huayuliang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:13:59 CEST 2011

hello , Ole Reinhardt

sorry for my bad english, I have not express my means.

I must use it on public network WAN, not a privite area network.
for IPV4, we have only limited IP address. for the normal user, we have no
way to got a fixed IP address.
so, if I don't use a router , I can only use PPPoE to connet on internet.
of course , it just a special case for the application of Ethernut.

2011/9/7 Ole Reinhardt <ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de>

> Hi,
>
> >     I want use the EtherNut with PPPoE, because I have no enough IP
> address,
> > and I can't add a router for it in our network.
>
> I do not understand correctly... You want to use PPPoE as you can not
> add another router?
>
> What do you mean with "not eough IP addresses"? If you just have a (DLS)
> router which does NAT, it should be possible to add at least up to 2^24
> devices? (Size of a class A network)
>
> > but I notice it seems like that EtherNut has no PPPoE support.  If it is
> > true, anybody has experince about it?
>
> That's right. Nut/OS does not yet support PPPoE.
>
> Bye,
>
> Ole
>
> --
>
> Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT
>
> Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
> Integration and Consulting
>
> http://www.embedded-it.de
>
> Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
> tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97
>
> Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
> Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
> Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
> Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280

【花生】