[En-Nut-Discussion] [ethernut1.3f] NutOs hangs up when registering DEV_ETHER device.

Mateusz Szubart mszubart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 08:49:13 CEST 2011

Hello,

>> Does this also happen in Nut OS examples, say the httpd for example?
> I'll check it tomorrow.

Httpd example works with NutOS 4.9.10 on INT6. As 'works' I mean I
could ping it.

> Maybe when you don't register the ethernet it will just return sooner
> from some calls, could this be a stack problem? Maybe you could use a
> higher value in Nut Config.

I've tried to increase Idle Thread stack size from 384 to 512 byte and
Main Thread stack from 768 to 1024 bytes. I haven't noticed any
changes in 4.9.10 but 4.10 just don't boot up.

2011/9/21 Nathan Moore <nategoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't looked at any of that code in a long time, and I've never looked
> at the code for your Ethernet chip,
> so I don't remember what all happens during Ethernet device registration.

http://www.ethernut.de/api/devreg_8c_source.html line 129
It does not seem to be much complicated and I assume that problem is
occurring deeper in kernel.

Also important information is that I use TWI Interrupt, TIMER2 and TIMER3.
TWI for decent handling of LCD display (yup NutOS HD44780 driver
writes one character per 2ms ...)
TIMER2 Overfolw Interrupt (with 65kHz prescaler) for 1-Wire bus and
stepper motors.
TIMER3 for PWM on ORC3x.
I wonder if it could cause any conflicts with ethernet driver.

best regards
--
Mateusz Szubart