[En-Nut-Discussion] owibus sample fails to build

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Aug 17 15:35:25 CEST 2012

When trying to build app/owibus for the FLECX board (LPC1768), I got the following error:

make -C owibus
make[1]: Entering directory `E:/ethernut/ethernut-5.0.5/flecx10a-cm3-gcc-app/owibus'
"  [CC] owibus.c"
owibus.c: In function 'main':
owibus.c:48:4: warning: #warning "Please defined the UART to use for the One-Wire Bus for your board" [-Wcpp]
owibus.c:56:39: error: 'devUsartStm32_1' undeclared (first use in this function)
owibus.c:56:39: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[1]: *** [owibus.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `E:/ethernut/ethernut-5.0.5/flecx10a-cm3-gcc-app/owibus'
make: *** [all] Error 2

To be able to move on, I temporarily moved the sample to hwtest.

Please note, that all samples shall compile on all platforms. If any hardware requirement is missing, the sample should report this at runtime, not compile time.