[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP Sockets hang on certain occasions

Adeel Nafis adeel at linkwisetech.com
Sat Aug 18 17:00:12 CEST 2012

Good Day everyone,
We have a product using ethernut, the slave devices update the master
device periodically, through TCP every 10 seconds.  However we have noticed
that sometimes all communication comes to a halt, even the HTTP Server is
inaccessible, but other threads keep working. A restart is required to get
the device working again.
The hardware is very similar to AT91SAM7X Evaluation kit from Atmel.
Used Yagarto script to compile for Linux.
All the devices connected together through a single switch.
The problem happens intermittently, but does happen, sometimes a month
after restart, sometimes just a day after restarting. We have gone through
the code but have not found any logical bug, any pointers to how we can go
about troubleshooting the problem?
Regards,
Adeel Ahmed