[En-Nut-Discussion] NutTcpConnect and NutTcpCloseSocket problem

CAMBON, Olivier Olivier.CAMBON at astrium.eads.net
Mon Aug 20 14:31:53 CEST 2012

Ok, i will do that.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Olivier.

-----Original Message-----
From: en-nut-discussion-bounces at egnite.de
[mailto:en-nut-discussion-bounces at egnite.de] On Behalf Of Harald Kipp
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:50 AM
To: en-nut-discussion at egnite.de
Subject: Re: [En-Nut-Discussion] NutTcpConnect and NutTcpCloseSocket
problem

On 13.08.2012 23:47, Bernd Walter wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 02:04:46PM +0200, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
>>> I understand what you said in your explanation.
>>> This means that NutTcpSocketClose should use somewhere NutSleep(1)
instead of NutThreadYeald().
>>> As NutSleep(1) can releases the CPU to a lower priority thread...
>> Perhaps Harald could also do some tests?
>
> I don't think that a thread running at higher priority than tcpsm
> should use sockets at all.

That's my view as well. IMHO, it makes no sense at all to run a TCP
application thread at a higher priority than the TCP state machine. If
part of that application needs a high priority, then this part should
get it's own thread.

Be aware of the cooperative nature of Nut/OS threads. If you need
realtime behaviour, you have to use interrupts in most cases.

Ce courriel (incluant ses eventuelles pieces jointes) peut contenir des informations confidentielles et/ou protegees ou dont la diffusion est restreinte. Si vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur, vous ne devez ni le copier, ni l'utiliser, ni en divulguer le contenu a quiconque. Merci d'en avertir immediatement l'expediteur et d'effacer ce courriel de votre systeme. Astrium decline toute responsabilite en cas de corruption par virus, d'alteration ou de falsification de ce courriel lors de sa transmission par voie electronique.
This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.