[En-Nut-Discussion] r4446 | haraldkipp
harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Aug 23 10:08:28 CEST 2012
On 22.08.2012 17:16, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
Already drunken at 5PM. :-)
> can you please explain:
> r4446 | haraldkipp | 2012-08-18 19:02:24 +0200 (Sa, 18. Aug 2012) | 2 Zeilen
> Remove Luminary's anti-viral licensed header from timer.c.
> The commit actually doesn't touch any file timer.c but adds a file
> which has still the LiminaryTexas license.
Sure. In nut/os/timer.c it replaces
The latter files contain the following BSD license
* Copyright (c) 2005-2012 Texas Instruments Incorporated
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of
* contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
* from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
* ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
* FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
* COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
* INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
* BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS
* OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED
* AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
* OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF
* THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
* This is part of revision 9107 of the Stellaris Peripheral Driver Library.
You may have missed
where I reported, that TI changed their strategy.
My change was related to headers only. I didn't change the related Luminary C files, which are still excluded from pure BSDL build. There had been too many changes in the Stellaris library and I'm not familiar enough with CM3 to decide, if their new version would break any exiting Nut/OS code.
More information about the En-Nut-Discussion