[En-Nut-Discussion] Cortex M3 port finally integrated into trunk

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Aug 23 11:32:50 CEST 2012

Hi Ole,

On 15.05.2012 15:01, Ole Reinhardt wrote:

> today I finally (re)integrated the dev_cm3_integration branch into
> trunk. So integration of the Cortex M3 port is now finished.
> Please do not use
>
> branches/devnut_m3n
> branches/dev_cm3_integration
>
> any more!!
>
> Is there any need to keep these branches any longer? If not, I would
> prefer to delete them! Especially the integration branch should not be
> used any longer after merging back to trunk (according to the subversion
> manuals).

Considering dev/usart.c, devnut_m3n added a lot more than just cm3 porting. If we delete this branch, we are going to loose the related history.

It turned out, that many changes in devnut_m3n should have been done in the trunk and then merged into the branch. That also would have made your re-integration effort much easier.

In the future we should take more care about the topic a branch is created for.