[En-Nut-Discussion] r4446 | haraldkipp

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Aug 23 13:10:02 CEST 2012

On 23.08.2012 12:44, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Harald> On 23.08.2012 12:32, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     >> All TI Stellaris related downloads are also tagged: * Free license
>     >> and royalty-free use (for use with Stellaris MCUs)
>     >>
>     >> Does this play together with our use for LPC17/STM32 ?
>
>     Harald> Can you be more specific? Where exactly did you find that
>     Harald> phrase?
>
> http://www.ti.com/tool/sw-drl
> and
> http://www.ti.com/tool/sw-lm3s

On a web page...well. I think I got my version from somewhere else. Shall I send you a copy?

The BSDL provided with the source files is, what counts. Once published, it will be freely distributable.

I didn't find any of this in the source file package. This package contains a lengthy MANIFEST.TXT, which mainly explains that it is up to the distributer to check all requirements. Because one thing you have to consider in any case: If TI violates any other license, patent, law or whatever, by publishing that code, then it's your or my problem in the first case. So even when big TI publishes something, we need to take care.