[En-Nut-Discussion] Cortex M3 port finally integrated into trunk

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Aug 23 13:57:23 CEST 2012

Hi Uwe,

On 23.08.2012 12:25, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Harald> In the future we should take more care about the topic a branch
>     Harald> is created for.
>
> And again I bring up the topic of switching to GIT...

How do you think that would have avoided the problems with the m3n branch, loosing sync and introducing more than just the cm3 port?

That's not a didactic question. I do not have sufficient experience with git, rarely using it for downloading source code.

So far I learned, that the main benefit is to have a local repository (Sourceforge is quite reliable) and simplifies merging (svn merging is sometimes a bit tricky, but you can get used to it).