[En-Nut-Discussion] Delphi connection for Nut/OS

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Dec 20 14:28:13 CET 2012

Hi Bogdan,

> I have a Ethernut 1.3 Hardware which is supposed to read some barcodes and
> transfer to a Delphi application.

You mean the embarcadeo / inprise / borland Delphi right?

> The problem is that I can't connect with Delphi. Is there anywere a
> connection function which works with Delphi?

It's quite some time I developed with Delphi myself, but I still don't
understand your question right, I think.

Delphi supports several methods for communicating with an embedded
device like the Ethernut board.

For example you can do so using the UART interface (connected to a COM
port or RS232->USB converter) and for sure you can also use a TCP or UDP
socket connection over Ethernet.

A short introduction on how to write a simple TCP client you can find
here:

http://delphi.about.com/od/networking/l/aa112602a.htm

An example for reading and writing on a COM port you can find here:

http://www.swissdelphicenter.ch/de/showcode.php?id=841

For both (COM port communication and network communication) numerous
ready-to-use components are available for Delphi.

Best regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280