[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 2.1, httpd-app: size of the .hex-file

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Feb 6 12:06:56 CET 2012

Hi Markus,

On 06.02.2012 11:12, Markus Dost wrote:
> I configured the OS for the board with an ATmega128 and compiled the
> httpd-app. The building worked fine, but the size of the .hex-file is
> about 260 KB. This is too large for program memory of the controller,
> so I wonder whether this is a normal code size or something went wrong.

The hex file contains ASCII format, each byte is coded in two ASCII
characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_hex

Therefore, it is at least twice as large as the binary code. In
addition, the hex file contains addresses, checksums, CR/LF and more.

How large is httpserv.bin? This file contains the pure flash image.