[En-Nut-Discussion] Fwd: Fwd: Nut/OS BSD License (was Re: branches\devnut_m3n and STM32F2 devices)

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Wed Feb 15 10:43:31 CET 2012

Hello Guillaume,

The original question from you to some of the Cortex M3 branch
developers was why we don't use libopencm3 and we explained the
drawbacks of a GPL license.

Even a GPL Expeption license instead of a BSD license for the OS (as
preferred by Giovanni from ChibiOS) would be incompatible with a pure
GPL license, which means if you integrate as you suggested libopencm3
into your project, you have to disclose the complete source including
your application as the GPL Exception license applies only to the OS but
not to other GPLed code like libopencm3.

Regards

Henrik